On our last trip to California Donna and I stayed in La Jolla for a couple nights and we experienced theses deleciious potato skins at one of the local restaurants I made theses fresh and wonderful potato skins using our oils & vinegars for our friends at the last Super Bowl Party. They loved them!
Potato Skins La Holla
Pico De Gallo
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped parsley
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic , minced
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon BROOC Baklouti Fused Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon BROOC Cilantro & Roasted Onion Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon BROOC Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar
Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix thoroughly, add more salt and pepper to taste if needed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
For the Potatoes:
- 6 red potatoes
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoon BROOC Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 cup grated Queso blanco cheese
- 1 cup grated Queso blanco pepper jack cheese
Slice six red potatoes into 1/2 thick slices and place on sheet baking pan then brush each slice with BROOC Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes till they are a little golden on the surface. For this recipe you can choose the cheese of your liking. I used Queso cheese, a mild cheese used in most Latin American countries. Top each slice with a good portion of the grated cheese an place back in oven till the cheese is fully melted.
Arrange the cheese potato slices about 4 in a row per serving on a plate then top with 1 tablespoon of the Pico De Gallo on each slice. Garnish each slice with a couple leaves of the cilantro and serve!