John and Suzie Soave invited Donna and I to dinner the other night and John made this recipe, one of his favorites, using our hi-poly extra virgin olive oil and our red barrel aged balsamic.
Chicken with Green Olives
- 5 anchovy filets
- 1 1/2 cups green olives, slivered and divided (will use 3/4 cup at the end)
- 3 lbs. chicken thighs (not skinless)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons BROOC hi-polyphenol extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons BROOC barrel aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
Process anchovy filets and 3/4 cup green olives in a food processor until chopped, stopping to scrape down sides; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken on all sides in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings in skillet; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add white wine and vinegar; cook 2 minutes stirring to loosen browned particles. Stir in anchovy mixture and 2 tablespoons water.
Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender. (Stir in additional water, if needed.) Add 3 teaspoons lemon juice, Italian parsley, and remaking 3/4 cup green olives; cook 1 to 2 more minutes. Serve immediately. We usually serve it with some kind of rice.