This recipe created by Scott McCoy who works in our store and loves our Tuscan Herb Olive Oil & 18 Year Aged Balsamic Vinegar so much that he named this salad after our supplier and called it Caprese Veronica.
Serves two – 3 people depending on size of tomatoes
- 2 red tomatoes (preferably an heirloom)
- 1 yellow tomato
- 1 package of pre-cut Mozzarella cheese
- 1 small fresh basil plant or 6 large leaves of basil
- BROOC Tuscan Herb-infused extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- BROOC Traditional 18 year aged balsamic vinegar
- Slice tomatoes evenly in ¼ inch slices
- Layer tomato slices, basil leaves, and Mozzarella cheese. Layer in this order: red tomato on the plate, topped with basil leaf, topped with Mozzarella slice, topped with basil leave, then yellow tomato slice topped with basil leaf, topped with Mozzarella slice, topped with basil leaf, then a red tomato slice. Repeat for all portions.
- Drizzle with BROOC Tuscan Herb EVOO and BROOC Traditional 18 year aged balsamic vinegar to taste.