Donna, Scott and I enjoyed the wonderful pasta dish with our flavorful Caprese Veronica salad.
Chicken Penne Pesto
- 1 box Brailla tri-colored penne pasta
- 1-1/2 cup fresh asparagus (1 inch pieces)
- 1 sweet red pepper sliced
- 1-1/2 cups Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced
- 1 can water packed artichoke hearts, rinsed drained and quartered
- 3 tablespoons BROOC Organic Tuscan Herd EVOO
- 1 tablespoon BROOC Cayenne Fused Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups Kirkland Pesto with Fresh Basil from Costco (or two jars pesto sauce)
- 1 jar oil packed sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Cook pasta to package instructions adding to cut asparagus the last 4 minutes of the preparation. In large skillet sauté sweet red peppers and mushrooms, until tender, in 2 tablespoons of BROOC Tuscan Herb olive oil and 1 tablespoon of BROOC Cayenne fused olive oil. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Reduce heat add the chicken, artichokes, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes until throughly heated. Drain pasta and asparagus and toss with chicken mixture. Drizzle on remaining BROOC Organic Tuscan Herb olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.