Olive Oil Peanut Butter Ingredients:
- 2 Cups roasted, unsalted peanuts
- ½ tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 Tbs. granulated sugar (optional)
- ¼ cup High Oleic, High Polyphenol Organic Picual, Frantoio or Leccino Extra Virgin Olive Oils
Place the peanuts in the jar of your blender. Add the salt and sugar if using. Pour the olive oil over the peanuts and wait 30 seconds until the oil flows to the bottom of the jar. Turn the blender on high. Process until the desired level of creaminess or up to two minutes for super creamy peanut butter. It may be necessary to turn off the blender a few times and scrape down the sides of the blender jar. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
High Polyphenol Olive Oil Dog Biscuits
This recipe was adapted from King Arthur Flour's Dog Biscuit recipe which contains wheat, and no extra virgin olive oil. I've modified it to contain olive oil, mostly organic ingredients and no wheat products. High quality extra virgin olive oil is extremely beneficial for overall canine health including coat, skin and joint wellness. My dog Luna loves these healthy treats!
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 tablespoon organic mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 cup organic, high-oleic, high polyphenol olive oil peanut butter, made with Organic Leccino, Frantoio or Picual - (either chunky or smooth)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon cold water, or enough to make the dough come together